Finished up a dumpster for Marvel Crisis Protocol. Trying to keep to a (relatively) comic book aesthetic.
Finished up another movement tray filler for Kings of War
Quickly painted up a unit of Werewolves for KoW (hate these sculpts!), finished some small movement tray decoration, and began working on two larger movement tray “fillers.” Still new to this whole rank and flank movement tray thing, but I’m certainly enjoying the “diorama” aspect it offers for hobbying!
Took a much needed break from sail boats this evening and to get this Ogor Great Mawpot primed/mostly painted. Really not feeling the flames they’ve sculpted into the pot. Tomorrow comes the fur pelt roof, soup goo, and buckets of blood for the blood god 👹
WIP shots of modular brick walls for Stalingrad. Base coats and mortar wash applied. First time painting brick mortar, so I’m happy with the progress so far!
Vallejo Black Primer
Vallejo Model Colour Hull Red, airbrushed thinned
Added Vallejo Air Stonewall Grey, airbrushed thinned for highlight patches. Quick passes and zenithal
Vallejo Game Color Terracotta, airbrushed thinned in patches.
Vallejo Air Stonewall Grey, applied as wash
Vallejo Model Air Model White, applied as wash
dabbed/lightly wiped off with a paper towel while wet between washes.
Loving these minis! I sure am hoping to see it integrated with Adeptus Titanicus 🤞
Finished up some Mouse-Holes for Stalingrad and Skirmish Sangin. Made by Tiny Terrain Models and highly recommended!
Got excited by the new D-Day: Overlord campaign supplement book for Bolt Action and painted up a flak bunker this weekend. One more bunker to go and then it’s back to Stalingrad.
1. Primed black.
2. Trying to leave the recesses dark, I roughly filled in between them with Vallejo Model Air Anthrocite Grey. Exactly like you might do with modulation-style airbrushing of a tank, for instance – except, being terrain, with way less attention to neatness.
3. Similar process with Vallejo Model Air Stonewall Grey.
4. Sprayed all the concrete’s damaged spots with a light mist of black.
5. All over drybrush with GW’s dry paint Wrack White, paying particular attention to hard edges and the damaged sections where fresher concrete might show through.
6. Painted the exposed rebar damage black and then GW’s Typhus Corrosion.
7. For the ladder, door, etc. I did the same followed by a quick stippling of a metallic silver.
1. I went around working section by section. First I wet the relevant working surface to avoid tide marks and then applied a wash made up of an eyeballed mixture of black paint, dark green paint, water, and airbrush flow improver as a wash. I kept paper towel handy to dab off excess.
2. For all the damaged concrete and edges where I wanted rain marks, I wet the surface with water as before and then applied agrax earthshade in a downward motion and feathered/wiped it off as desired.
For the base:
1. It’s cut from thick styrene sheet.
2. I put down vallejo texture paste and then sprinkled rocks and sand as i saw fit.
3. Primed black.
4. I then painted it all over with a cheap dollar store acrylic chocolate’ish brown.
5. A quick drybrush of Vallejo Model Air Stonewall Grey (if I remember correctly).
6. Applied some Army Painter Mountain Tuft.
7. Brushed on some PVA/water mixture and sprinkled on a couple different flocks I had kicking around (Gale Force 9’s MarshBlend static grass, followed by GW’s grass flock).
The only other relevant modification I made to the kit is replacing some of the steel ladder railing with a brass rod as the plastic was breaking just from looking at it wrong.