Loving these minis! I sure am hoping to see it integrated with Adeptus Titanicus 🤞
Introducing my dwarf team for an upcoming Blood Bowl league, the Ham-Fisted Firemantles!
Some dwarves getting ready for the Blood Bowl pitch!
Vallejo Black Primer (all over model)
Liquitex Titanium White Acrylic Ink (Zenithal, airbrush)
Vallejo Premium Air Black (base coat on pads, airbrush)
Vallejo Mecha Titan Blue (base coat on pads, airbrush)
Vallejo Air Magic Blue (first highlight on pads, airbrush)
Vallejo Air Electric Blue (second highlight on pads, airbrush)
Vallejo Air Electric Blue +Vallejo Pale Sand (extreme highlight on pads, airbrush)
Vallejo Air Light Gull Grey (base coat, brush)
GW Contrast Gryph-Hound Orange (wash/heavy glaze, brush)
Carrying on from my re-basing of the British Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic airplane for Cruel Seas, I’ve begun doing the same for my barrage balloons.
Finished up some Mouse-Holes for Stalingrad and Skirmish Sangin. Made by Tiny Terrain Models and highly recommended!
A quick and dirty paint job on the Stark Heroes II box for ASOIAF. Not in love with the sculpts, so minimal effort it is. First time incorporating GW’s new contrast paints – definitely looking forward to experimenting with them in the future!
Got excited by the new D-Day: Overlord campaign supplement book for Bolt Action and painted up a flak bunker this weekend. One more bunker to go and then it’s back to Stalingrad.
1. Primed black.
2. Trying to leave the recesses dark, I roughly filled in between them with Vallejo Model Air Anthrocite Grey. Exactly like you might do with modulation-style airbrushing of a tank, for instance – except, being terrain, with way less attention to neatness.
3. Similar process with Vallejo Model Air Stonewall Grey.
4. Sprayed all the concrete’s damaged spots with a light mist of black.
5. All over drybrush with GW’s dry paint Wrack White, paying particular attention to hard edges and the damaged sections where fresher concrete might show through.
6. Painted the exposed rebar damage black and then GW’s Typhus Corrosion.
7. For the ladder, door, etc. I did the same followed by a quick stippling of a metallic silver.
1. I went around working section by section. First I wet the relevant working surface to avoid tide marks and then applied a wash made up of an eyeballed mixture of black paint, dark green paint, water, and airbrush flow improver as a wash. I kept paper towel handy to dab off excess.
2. For all the damaged concrete and edges where I wanted rain marks, I wet the surface with water as before and then applied agrax earthshade in a downward motion and feathered/wiped it off as desired.
For the base:
1. It’s cut from thick styrene sheet.
2. I put down vallejo texture paste and then sprinkled rocks and sand as i saw fit.
3. Primed black.
4. I then painted it all over with a cheap dollar store acrylic chocolate’ish brown.
5. A quick drybrush of Vallejo Model Air Stonewall Grey (if I remember correctly).
6. Applied some Army Painter Mountain Tuft.
7. Brushed on some PVA/water mixture and sprinkled on a couple different flocks I had kicking around (Gale Force 9’s MarshBlend static grass, followed by GW’s grass flock).
The only other relevant modification I made to the kit is replacing some of the steel ladder railing with a brass rod as the plastic was breaking just from looking at it wrong.
Apologies for the iPhone photos. Wasn’t happy with the base that came with the British Bristol Beaufighter Mk Ic airplane from the Royal Navy Fleet box for Cruel Seas, so I decided to try something different. 1/8″ acrylic rod superglued into a drilled out 60mm MDF base. Applied some layers of Vallejo Water Effects Texture (Pacific Blue) over airbrushed blues, then I added some washes and highlights for waves. My first attempt at water effects, so I’m happy with the results. Still need to finish painting that boat though!
Wasn’t happy with the base that came with the airplane from the Royal Navy Fleet box for Cruel Seas, so I decided to try something different. 1/8″ acrylic rod superglued into a drilled out 60mm MDF base. Applied some layers of Vallejo Water Effects Texture (Pacific Blue) over airbrushed blues. Two layers so far with some wash and highlights applied between them. Needs some more highlights and wash after the next coat dries clear.